Beginning Monday evening October 20 7:30 PM
Church Parlor: See Pastor Bob if you are interested
Explore the writings of the New Testament using the story of Jesus as the starting point. This survey of the testament looks at how the early church took ownership of and was shaped by the story of Jesus and how the church learned how to develop as disciples and create communities of faith.
Participants find a deeper conversation with the writers of the NT and a renewal of our commitment to be shaped—personally and communally—by the story of Jesus.
In the weekly video segments, listen as scholars fascinate you with facts and information that opens new understanding and enlightenment for your group.
Invitation To The New Testament- 8 sessions, 60 – 90 minutes
1. Jesus Calls Us Into God’s Redemption Story
2. Jesus Calls Us to a Transformed Life
3. Jesus Calls Us to Minister to a Hostile World
4. Jesus Calls Us to Complex Communities of Faith
5. Jesus Calls Us to Serve One Another
6. Jesus Calls Us to a New Relationship With Tradition
7. Jesus Calls Us to Live in Light of His Coming Again
8. Jesus Calls Us to Experience the Gifts of His Dying and Rising