We are a small but determined congregation, dedicated to the spiritual health of our Church, our community and our world. These are some of the missions we support:
- Recent catastrophic events have called us to action! UMCOR is leading an effort for health/hygiene kits and cleaning kits for those affected by the recent hurricanes. St. Mark’s is collecting supplies for those two kits. These will be sent to affected areas, and are the immediate priorities while we wait to learn more about Emergency Response Team opportunities from UMCOR and UMVIM. For more information, please contact our pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bethany House exists to strengthen and assist those women and children from Long Island who are deprived of the basic resources required for natural and healthy growth and development. Bethany House seeks to provide a homelike atmosphere wherein shelter, care, and comprehensive services combine to encourage the individual or family to attain self-sufficiency and restore human dignity.
- The INN (Interfaith Nutritional Network) in Hempstead can use your donations of food and clothing, especially shoes; refreshment supplies, office supplies, plastic bags. You can leave your donation in the baskets in the hallway as you leave the sanctuary on your way to Fellowship Hour.
- Nassau County Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Inc. Safe, Emergency Housing; Group & Individual Counseling, Legal Advocacy, Rape/Sexual Assault Services. Donations of clothing (women’s and children’s), toiletries, games and craft supplies are welcome. For more information, speak to Joan Schad.
- 30-Hour Famine, sponsored by WorldVision. Our youth experience what it means to be hungry as they spend 30 hours together, learning and doing projects about hunger – and not eating – as they raise money from sponsors to combat hunger.
- Operation Christmas Child, sponsored by Samaritan’s Purse. Our youth collect and package boxes of toys and other gifts to send to children who otherwise would not receive any Christmas presents.
- Adopt-A-Family. The United Methodist Women sponsor one or two local needy families at Christmas time. Choose a “wished-for” item from the display board to shop for, so that each member of the family(ies) will receive something special for Christmas.
During the Advent season, we also go Christmas Caroling and deliver treats to the homes of people who are not able to attend services. We welcome your ideas for how we can be of service in our community.