We are planning a confirmation class for this year.
The class will begin on Wednesday, September 5 2018 and run weekly until Confirmation Sunday, June 9, 2019.
Below are some of the guidelines for the class:
• Youths should be middle school aged (around 14 years), but this is negotiable.
• A mentor (usually a parent, but can be another adult) will be required to attend with the youth and act as a guide throughout the confirmation period.
• Youths and mentors are asked to attend all of the classes, please keep absences to a minimum.
• Youths will be required to attend church worship (not Sunday school) each Sunday throughout the confirmation period.
• Youths will be expected to serve in worship as acolyte or readers (lectors).
• Youths will be expected to be involved in a form of mission ministry in the church (this usually takes the form of helping prepare/assisting with the meal for our Bethany House feeding ministry).
I am suggesting Wednesday evenings and meetings at the parsonage. The lessons should not be more than an hour in most cases. If Wednesdays are inconvenient for most, we can discuss a better time to meet.
If you have or know of a youth that is ready for confirmation please contact:
The church office: firstname.lastname@example.org or
The pastor email@example.com (631) 871-1444
Grace & peace, Pastor Bob